Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Setting our frogs free!

Braxton's kindergarten class (last year) learned about frogs and watched them change from tad poles to frogs. Once they were transformed his teacher gave them away to who ever wanted them. For anyone that knows me I'm antipets, however I thought, they are free and heard from my sister in law that they are low maintenance. Little did I know that I really had a different frog! They have grown to big for our tank and the tank needs cleaned more than I want to clean it, so we talked to kids into setting them free into their "natural environment". AKA the pond in our old neigborhood. So here are some pictures of us letting them go!

Braxton and I being silly.

This is Kohen asleep in the car missing out on all the excitment!

We were all trying to skip rocks.

Bye Bye frogs, you won't be missed, I mean we will miss you!! :)


One last good bye before we let them go!

9 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

Those pictures are so much fun, especially the one of you and Braxton making silly faces! And you must be SO happy to finally let the frogs free!!!!!

Michelle Colt said...

I am, it took months of me asking the kids if we could let them free, and they just barely agreed! FEW!!

The Crazy Heads said...

We did the same thing to our frog, Harold and fish, Dory. But we put them in our pond in our front yard. The still think they are out there. Every once in a while I tell them that I saw them, it brings such joy to there faces. Sorry to tell ya, but they probably didn't last longer than a week out there. Oh well, the kids are slowly forgetting.

puckie said...

I am so glad that Kevin did not know that you were doing this, because he would have been begging for you to give them to him!!! It is good to teach your kids "compassion" on all Gods creatures by letting them go home to their "families! " :0 that works for us as well! :-)

Callie said...

YIPPEE! What are the frogs going to think about their new clean environment. HA HA! I would be just as happy as you are! Good job! By the way I miss you, please come and hang out! :(

Gerrit & Ashlee said...

Ok Michelle, I am going to make you do my giveaway. Cuz I'm going to make something for you, whether you like it or not. And eventually the guilt will get to you and you will post it on your blog. So I'm making you do it! It will be fun! Love you

Jordan and Chandra Smith said...

It's about time..I am surprised those frongs even lived!!=)

Pam said...

Funny! I'm totally antipets as well so I know where you are coming from. Thanks for your comments on my blog! It was great to meet you as well. We need to get together...playdate at my house sometime?

Kari Cole said...

YIPPEE AND CONGRATS!!!